Wednesday, April 1, 2015

5 weeks holiday from work - Days 3-5 a trip to the beach


Sunset over Wallaga Lake

Day 3 -5
I headed south to spend a few peaceful days alone at the beach.  I found a delightful retreat via Airbnb that fit my needs perfectly. The farm is quiet, on a lake, 5 minutes from a wild and wonderful beach and run by a delightful couple. I kayaked every day admiring the pelicans, pied cormorants, black swans, ducks, herons and oyster catchers that call the lake home. I got up close and personal with large jellyfish too.  I existed on flat bread, hommous, yoghurt and fruit and was happier for the simple fare.


Kayaking around Lake Cuttagee


My holiday cottage at Tranquility Farm, Cuttagee



Early morning kayaking on Little Lake Cuttagee

The sunrises were as pretty as the sunsets this week.




The afternoons I spent walking along the beach, taking photos, collecting stones and sea glass.

























I needed these days away. As much as starting with housework this trip was about setting the tone for my break from work. Breaking routine, starting new healthy habits and just being. Not trying to deliver what anyone else needed was a powerful tonic for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive