Monday, April 13, 2015

5 weeks break - pine mushroom schnitzels

Here's another recipe idea for using Pine Mushrooms. I chose the smallest button Saffron Milkcaps we picked on Sunday for this dish.

After cleaning the mushrooms with a dry paper towel to brush off dirt and pine needles I trimmed the stems a little.  I mixed breadcrumbs with freshly ground salt and pepper and dried marjoram.  I double crumbed the mushrooms by dipping in egg, crumbs, then repeating.
I deep fried the mushrooms which quickly formed a crisp crust.  


Served with Donna Hay's coriander mayo.  Delicious.  This will actually work for any type of firm fleshed mushrooms but pine mushrooms are so special having such a short season.


2 comments:

  1. I've just been catching up on all you've been doing over your five week break. Everything looks scrumptious and I especially love the post about foraging for wild mushrooms. They were so pretty. Enjoy the rest of your break.
    debx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive