Friday, February 28, 2014

Cauliflower and zucchini soup leftovers become a delicious pasta sauce


Last week I posted my favourite cauliflower and zucchini soup recipe and promised I would share my left overs plan. Personally I am fine with left overs but it can be fun to serve a meal a different way the second time. It certainly helps to minimise time spent in the kitchen after work too. 

Vegetable soups make great pasta sauces.  Boil your favourite pasta and drain. Meanwhile add your soup to the saucepan and gently heat. You might like to add some extra vegetables.  Tonight I added sliced mushrooms,  artichoke hearts, and shallots.  When hot, add the pasta and heat a little longer. 

Serve with parmesan and a garnish of fresh herbs. Enjoy: one recipe two ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...