Sunday, January 5, 2014

Divine cabbage rolls for dinner tongiht

Ok now I have won the cabbage roll war!
Despite my neighbour kindly giving me two of her home grown savoy cabbages I haven't been sold on them. And then I grew one of my own, by accident: I planted a punnet of broccoli and one of cauliflower but big surprise there was a cabbage amongst them. I believe it is a sugar loaf cabbage. Well I couldn't let it go to waste so had to come up with something good!

First I cooked a pumpkin and mushroom risotto. I washed the cabbage and cut the core out. I upended it in a pot of boiling water until soft. One mistake I made the first time I tried cabbage rolls was just using one leaf per roll. I suggest you use two leaves, lay them down top to tail to maximise the area. Spoon risotto into one end of the leaves and roll up. Place open end down into an oiled baking dish.

Top with tasty tomato sauce and grated parmesan.  Bake until bubbling and golden.


Eat and enjoy.  It tasted really good. I think the secret is to use a really tasty filling that you would normally enjoy and a topping with zing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...