Monday, October 28, 2013

Getting home late today - homespun dinner is all prepped

I get home late tonight so dinner is all prepped and just needs to go in the oven. I am excited about this dinner: spinach and quinoa bake as its almost all harvested from my garden.

It contains spinahc, silverbeet and mustard greens, garlic, onions, leek, dill, fresh asparagus and an egg.
The only bought ingredients are butter, milk, quinoa and the cheese topping.

I sauteed the greens, onion and herbs lightly in a little butter, which I mixed together with cooked quinoa, an egg and a dash of milk. Pressed into a lightly gerased baking dish, topped with asparagus spears and cheese.

It should be golden brown and bubbly on top when I walk in the door. A little home preserved peach relish on the side and dinner is ready to eat.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...