Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Divine sweet potato peanut soup


I made the most divine soup tonight. 
This is superb, every one will think it came from a very classy restaurant.  

The recipe is adjusted from something I found on pinterest

Ingredients
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup roast unsalted peanuts
1 small can coconut milk
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
juice of 1 fresh lime

Saute chopped garlic and onion briefly to release flavours. Toss in sweet potato and top up with enough water to just cover.  Bring to the boil, then simmer until sweet potatoes are soft.

Puree with a blender. Return to pan.  Puree peanuts and coconut milk, add to sweet potato puree and return pot to low heat. Add lime juice and stir through well.

Warm up the soup but don't let it boil. 

Serve and eat, eat, eat. You might like coriander on top. I scooped up with a bread roll, but could have skipped it without feeling deprived. 

This recipe has lots of flavour, you don't need all the salt in stock!

Thank goodness there are left overs for tomorrow, and next week. Oh man this soup is good and so simple, homespun simple. Definitely quick enough to make after work!

4 comments:

  1. Butternut squash is one of my favourite vegetables jodie...I eat at least one a week. I love BNS soup but would never have thought to add peanuts. I agree with you about added stock, our grandma's never used any. I'll bookmark this idea.
    Thanks again.
    debx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get kumara/sweet potato there? It would be great with butternut (we call it pumpkin not squash) oo.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that you call it pumpkin. We just call those big orange or green ones that we have at halloween pumpkin. But I don't think they taste anything like as good as butternut. I use sweet potatoes a lot too, especially when I'm short of time because they cook much more quickly.
      deb

      Delete
  3. I love this! Think I'll make it on the weekend. Thans for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive