Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day seven: end of a wonderful week off

I have had the most amazing week.  I have sewn, cooked and gardened my little heart out.  Oh so homespun and I don't want it to end just yet. Hopefully I have cleaned enough, cooked enough that I won't need to bother when I get home from work next week.

At long last I feel I have the head space to start to sew again. I have a number of ideas. Beginning with the functional: I want to embroider the scarf I dyed with henna back in June, at a workshop at the Maritime Museum. Then I want to stitch a pansy to reflect those I have growing in pots on the verandah. So many ideas.

I am very grateful for my week at home.

Here's how my vegie patch is looking after several hours TLC.

Believe it or not this pile is what I pulled out of the garden!

What's wrong with this picture?

I have big fat asparagus spears coming up. Yum, I can't wait to eat them. But they are several months early. That's how warm it is here.  Spring has sprung.
I've got to do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive