Thursday, July 12, 2012

New things for my chickens

Following on from my workshop with Jill Cockram last weekend I have been gaining confidence in chicken husbandry. Thanks to Cath Blakely and Shellharbour Council for the opportunity to attend the workshop.
I have been hanging up green pick. Today I gave them nasturtiums.

They have a bowl (actually a small tomato punnet) of shell grit. I am thinking a clip on budgie feeder might be the best way for the shell grit or they'll knock it over.

And to make them lovely smelling chookies their nesting box and house is strewn with lavender! LOL. Actually it is to keep away lice.


Its all so easy. I'm enjoying trying out new ways to keep them happy and healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to meeting the ladies when we visit : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...