Friday, July 6, 2012

Creating a new rockery in my vegetable patch

I have created a rockery in one corner of my vegie patch. I read that rockeries attract lizards and lizards eat snails and slugs so that's perfect!

I started with some broken pavers.

Poured on mushroom compost and added stones around the outside. I didn't want to waste good rocks in constructing the interior of the rockery but they look great on the outside.
I have planted Cretan Savoury, a Mediterranean herb that loves dry feet. It felt ironic to be planting this in light sleet. Its a nice sunny corner so it should be fine.

It looks a bit messy at the moment as the compost has spread but it will bed down. I'll keep you updated as it grows.

1 comment:

  1. A great idea, sign me up! The advice you get on here is the best on the web.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...