Sunday, June 17, 2012

New blog link - Very-Marie

Now here is a blog I am interested to follow. Very-Marie is setting out on a journey to achieve work-live balance. Ah I certainly struggle with that one.



Right now I'm winning. I am leaving work early twice a week to go swimming. So my exercise quotient has gone up and that feels good. I am having half hour lunches a few days a week to help me get out early.

I am not sewing right now but I am cooking and gardening. I am eating well: homemade bread, yogurt, muesli, extremely fresh eggs! I am on a sugar free month apart from fresh fruit so I am eating more fruit. I can be a bit slack about fruit normally.

Recently I have felt that I wasn't spending enough time with friends. Its hard to do everything and this had suffered. Today we went to a lovely housewarming party for friends we hadn't seen in a couple of years. I have had lunch with a couple of good friends over the past week. Next weekend we are going to stay over with friends and then go with them to a zine fair in Wollongong.  So things have improved there too.  All I needed was to recognise what was making me sad and address it. I have and that's good.

Ah balance, you are a hard thing to capture and retain. But we need to keep trying. Remain mindful and aware. Constantly adjust when we realise we are off track. This is the path, I think, to contentment.

So I recommend this blog to you and wish very-marie very well on her journey.

2 comments:

  1. I think swimming is one of best exercise according to my point of view after that you feel good. I found your post interesting most of I like you world "
    I am not sewing right now but I am cooking and gardening. I am eating well: homemade bread, yogurt, muesli, extremely fresh eggs! " thanks for such good post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Maker, I hope I can inspire you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...