Monday, December 19, 2011

10 things Mondays - top movies for a rainy day

Its raining, still. Actually it has been flat and overcast so now that its raining its better - at least the weather has decided to make a choice. Its dark so my thoughts have strayed to nice movies to watch snuggled up on the couch with a nice hot chocolate.
Let's see:

1. The Scarlet Pimpernel -  they seek him here, they seek him there. Dark intrigues and gorgeous costumes. Only ever the Anthony Andrews version.

2. North by Northwest - more intrigue and the devine Cary Grant

3. Bridget Jone's Diary - funny and makes your life seem less pathetic.
4. Ever after with Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott. Yes Prince Charming does exist and he could fall in love with you too.

5. Charade - Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant, the perfect combination.

6. The princess bride - funny and romantic. I know all the lines and can recite them before the actors. (ok so best to do this when alone)

7. Monsoon wedding- gorgeous colour, romance and its set in the Monsoon so a rainy day doesn't seem so bad

8. ET - always makes me cry, and a wet day and hot chocolate make that perfect
9. Dr Zhivago - ok I've never actually gotten around to watching it but you definately want a wet day for a Russian epic.
10. Roman Holiday - lets end on a sunny note, Audrey Hepburn again but with Greg Peck. Romance, great scenery and an unexpected ending. Aah


Well there's my list. As soon as I hit publish I'll think of 1001 movies I should have included. So help me out here please. What should be there?

Hope its sunny where you are, if not hope you are having a snugly day!

3 comments:

  1. Anything with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck or Cary Grant has to be good...We've had a busy day...cold but sunny and at last just managed to snuggle down for a film...'Hanging Up' with Diane Keaton, Meg Ryan and Lisa Kudrow...I love the sets Meg Ryan's house is gorgeous and fun sister time that reminds me of time with my three sisters...a lovely film...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also on that list...
    - Star Wars EP 4,5,6
    - Indiana Jones 1-3
    - Seven Samurai
    - Rear Window
    - Citizen Kane
    - Blade runner
    - Alien
    - How to make an American Quilt

    Nice balance of movies for a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Marcelo there's a very interesting list of movies on your listc- loved Rear Window, Vertigo too. Indiana Jones of course, I think need a sunnry day for Alien - too scary. And I've been trying to get a copy of How to make an American quilt - that's a wild card! Thanks for your list!!!
    Hey Debby I haven't heard of Hanging Up so I'll find a copy and give it a go.
    I went to see Mission Impossible last night - great adventure flick. A couple of weeks ago saw Midnight in Paris - ah that's a keeper, wonderful movie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...