Sunday, July 11, 2010

DarlingBridget is officially launched

Last Sunday I officially launched my DarlingBridget label. I opened my etsy store and sent a message to all my nearest and dearest who have all sent me very kind words of love and encouragement.

I hired a friend and professional graphic designer to come up with a logo for me.  I am absolutely delighted with it.  Today I have been making business cards from my new rubber stamp. I decided a stamp was the best way to reproduce my logo rather than pay for expensive printing.  And it enhances the homemade look.  What do you think?
My Mum sent me a beautiful present to congratulate me and wish me well with my venture. This little quote tag is made by Kylie of Paper Boat Press and came from The Story Tree in Boonah, Qld.  Here it is resting on the beautiful card Mum sent me. 


I really can't believe it has been a week since my debut if you will. Tonight I have been sewing and getting ready for a meeting tomorrow with the owner of another homemade store.  As excited as I am, I still struggle with many moments of doubt. There's that little doubter sitting on my shoulder whispering unhelpful little thoughts in my ear.  At the end of the day however, I have to do this. I have to try.  Even if the doubter is trying to make me go mad I know that giving up on my dreams will do the job more effectively.

So in my life, my business and all my ventures I need to dig the earth and tend my soil. What else can I do?  Nothing except get in, be brave and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Jodie.

    Thank you so much my little heart has arrived. It smells amazing. Hope Darling Bridget's doing well.

    Love the label too, and the handwritten note makes it special.

    Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...