Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What we do to survive the working week

I went back to work today after my lovely week off.
It was a good day, but not by accident. I took steps to make sure it would be. I eased back into the day and working life by sharing my yummy lemon cheesecake with my colleagues. They were very impressed indeed. Before I left on my week off I acted on a tip I picked up from Alex Fayle of Someday Syndrome. I wrote a to do list for when I got back to work. Thanks Alex it was a great tip! It helped me let go of work when I started my holiday and it helped me ease back in today when I returned.  It also helped that I had a wonderful week off and achieved so many goals.

I made sure I continued with those goals even though I was no longer on holidays.  At lunch time I took some journals, bracelets and chokers to Milk Thieves, the store that is stocking some of my DarlingBridget pieces. They were well received so lets hope they sell well.  I also went and spent a small fortune on fabric.  I bought a metre of this and a metre of that and the cost added up very quickly. I am not really complaining though as I found some very lovely fabric to sew with. It is a good thing I have projects to sew or else I would just keep the fabric. Its pretty and I love having swathes of it all around me.  But it will soon be sewn into lots of homespun DarlingBridget projects.  Have a good week everyone.

Link to Milk Thieves art and design store, Wollongong, Australia


Link to Alex Fayle

2 comments:

  1. The photo of the eye masks at the top of this blog made me so proud to be the owner of one. :)

    I wear mine always, being able to smell lavender before i go to sleep is beautiful.

    Taking steps to ensure having good days is what i'm working on at the moment as well. My friend and i spent yesterday researching Buddhism; and postitivity and self-sufficiency seems to me to be a large factor in that.

    Mum gave me the link to your blog, and i've really enjoyed reading it, i think it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest Tegan. Thank you for your wonderful comment. I;m very proud of you and am do glad you love your eyemask, It was made for you with love. In fact I have now given each of my products names and named the hot pink eyemask after you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...